The Madison County Sheriff’s Office has received information from a State of Florida contract Company concerning the closure of CR 255 at the intersection of Interstate 10. This closure will be for both North and South Bound lanes of travel while repairs are being made to the I-10 overpass. The Sheriff’s Office was informed that the closure is expected to take effect as early as Monday March 30, 2015 or Wednesday April 1, 2015 pending final “MOT” approval and will last 5 to 8 days. Additional information will be provided as the project progresses.
Suggested routes of travel will be as follows:
- Interstate 10 westerly direction traffic will be exited off and re-entered at exit 262. However, alternate routes for westerly direction traffic traveling on Interstate 10 will be suggested to exit at US 90 in Suwannee County.
- South of I-10 – CR 255 Intersection will be allowed to enter I-10 only in an easterly direction.
- South of I-10 – CR 255 Intersection will NOT be allowed to enter I-10 in a Westerly direction.
- South of I-10 – CR 255 Intersection needing to travel westerly will need to use Roger Sink (Unpaved road) or Midway Church Road to SR 53.
- North of I-10 - CR 255 Intersection will NOT be allowed to enter I-10 in a westerly direction and should use Dales Leslie to SR 53.
- North of I-10 - CR 255 Intersection needing to travel easterly should use US 90 and will NOT be allowed to enter I-10 from the North side of CR 255.