Agenda for The Madison County Board of County Commissioners
Regular Meeting – January 11, 2017 – 9:00 AM
Courthouse Annex – Commission Meeting Room
ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
PETITIONS FROM THE PUBLIC – FIVE (5) MINUTE LIMIT
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FROM THE REGULAR MEETING HELD DECEMBER 28, 2016.
CONSTITUTIONAL OFFICER REPORTS
Approval of Agreement and Resolution 2017-01-11; Authorizing the Chairman of the Madison County Board of County Commissioners to Execute an Agreement of the Small County Road Assistance Program with the Florida Department of Transportation for Road Reconstruction of NE Rocky Springs Church Road.
Lease Agreement between Keith S. Mosier and Judy S. Mosier for Northern Southern Pines, LLC and Madison County for Property to use as County Airport.
Budget Amendment Request for General Fund per Meeting Minutes dated March 23, 2016.
Discussion Regarding Prioritizing List of Projects for Legislative Requests.
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Discussion Regarding Construction and Maintenance Agreement for the Florida Department of Transportation’s Safety Intersection Implementation Plan.
Resolution 2017-01-11A; Guaranteeing and Appropriating a Salary to the Tax Collector of Madison County, Florida Under Condition; Providing for the Concurrence of the Tax Collector.
Resolution 2017-01-11B; Florida First Responder Appreciation Week.
PROCEDURAL RULES FOR THE MEETINGS OF THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
The following notices are hereby given to all persons concerning the meetings of the Board of County Commissioners of Madison County, Florida (hereinafter the “Board”):
1. The rules contained in the current edition of Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised shall govern the meetings of the Board in all cases to which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with the law, these rules or are otherwise waived by the Board.
2. No comments from the floor will be allowed under any circumstances.
3. The Board shall hear as many comments from the public as practicable during any meeting.
4. No member of the public may address the Board who has not previously signed up to address the Board, unless he or she is requested to do so by the Chair.
5. Any member of the public who wishes to address the Board on any topic, which appears on the agenda or otherwise, must sign up before the scheduled time for public comments.
6. All speakers will be limited to five (5) minutes per topic, unless leave is given by the Chair.
7. Any identifiable group of three (3) persons or more shall be limited to a total of ten (10) minutes per topic.
8. All members of the public given the privilege of addressing the Board, shall do so at the beginning of its scheduled meeting, or immediately following the lunch time break, if the scheduled meeting continues past the lunch time break.
9. The Chair may rule any speaker out of order and require that speaker to cease addressing the Board and if necessary order the bailiff to remove that speaker from the Commission Chambers if:
A. The speaker refuses to confine his remarks to the topic at hand.
B. The speaker becomes belligerent, irrational, or in any way disruptive to the meeting of the Board, or,
C. The speaker refuses to cease addressing the Board after his allotted time.
10. No agenda item will be designated for any specific time other than a time during the first three (3) hours of the meeting, unless leave is given by the Chair. All times shown on the agenda are approximate.
11. No item may be added to the agenda of the Board of County Commissioners except upon request of the Chair, a Board member, the County Manager, the Clerk of the Board or the County Attorney.
12. All decisions of the Chair concerning parliamentary procedures, decorum, or rules of order will be final, unless they are overcome by a majority of the members of the Board in attendance.
13. The Chair shall vote on all issues that come before the Board in the same manner as a member of the Board.
Notice: All items listed on the agenda are for discussion and possible action including vote by the Board. The Board reserves the right to amend the agenda of any meeting to the fullest extent allowed by law. Pursuant to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you are a person requiring special accommodations to participate in this meeting of the Board, you are entitled, at no cost to you, to the provision of certain assistance. Please contact Tim Sanders, Clerk of Court, at Post Office Box 237, Madison, Florida 32341, telephone: (850)973-1500, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please call 711. If a person decides to appeal any decision made by the Board with respect to any matter considered at this meeting he or she will need a record of the proceedings, and that, for such purpose, he or she will need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.