COUNTY COMMISSION AGENDA FOR December 9, 2015
AGENDA FOR THE REGULAR SESSION OF THE
BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF MADISON COUNTY, FL,
TO BE HELD AT THE COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
COURTHOUSE ANNEX, WEDNESDAY,
December 9, 2015, 9:00 a.m.
ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
PETITIONS FROM THE PUBLIC – FIVE (5) MINUTE LIMIT
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FROM THE REGULAR MEETING HELD NOVEMBER 12, 2015
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FROM THE VALUE ADJUSTMENT BOARD MEETING HELD NOVEMBER 12, 2015
1. Constitutional Officers
Request to Declare Solid Waste 1999 Front End Loader as Surplus.
Request to Declare Road Department 2011 John Deere 624K Wheel Loader as Surplus.
Resolution 2015-12-09A; Authorizing the Execution of a County Emergency Medical Services Grant.
Budget Amendment Request for Emergency Medical Services to Amend to Actual Revenue and Expenditures.
Budget Amendment Request for Indigent Care/Hospital Tax to Amend to Actual Revenues and Expenditures.
Budget Amendment Request for Special Assessment Fire to Amend to Actual Revenues and Expenditures.
Budget Amendment Request for Landfill for Additional Revenue and Expenditures.
Budget Amendment Request for BOCC to Amend to Actual Revenue and Expenditures.
Budget Amendment Request for Solid Waste to Adjust Revenues and Expenditures.
Budget Amendment Request for Solid Waste to Adjust Expenditures.
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Review with Acceptance of Bids for Project FY 2016-05; NE Celosia Drive Sinkhole Improvements – Mr. Lonnie Thigpen.
Approval of Striping Contract for Road Paving Projects – Mr. Lonnie Thigpen.
9:00 a.m. Public Hearing; Special Exception Application by Tri-County Electric Co-op for Substation.
9:00 a.m. Public Hearing; Special Exception Application by C4 Towers, LLC.
9:00 a.m. Public Hearing; TEFRA Bond Hearing for Springhill Apartments, LLC.
Approval of Excess Animal Habitat (EAH) Permit for Ayla’s Acres – Mr. Jamie Willoughby.
Discussion Regarding Commissioner to be Appointed as Member of the Management Plan Advisory Group - Mr. Steve Carpenter, Florida Forest Service.
Discussion of Possible Action on Pyramid Bakery Option to Repurchase Real Property – County Coordinator.
Resolution 2015-12-09B; Christmas in July – Mr. Jerome Wyche, Kiwanis.
Recommendation with Possible Approval of Debris Removal Contract Services – Mr. Alan Whigham.
Discussion Regarding Interlocal Agreement with the City of Madison for Temporary Building Official Services – County Coordinator.
Discussion with Possible Approval of Hiring Building Official – County Coordinator.
Presentation of Dividend Check – Mr. Frank Darabi and Mr. John McHugh.
Planning & Zoning Board
Mack Primm, Chair – District 1 – Term Ends January 1, 2016 Chad Thurner – At-Large – Term Ends June 1, 2016
Brent Whitman – District 2 – Term Ends December 1, 2017 Tim Ginn – School Board Representative
Calvin Malone – District 3 – Term Ends February 1, 2016 Dot Alexander – Alternate – Term Ends February 1, 2016
Mike Holton – District 4 – Term Ends December 1, 2017 VACANT – Alternate – Term Ends April 9, 2015
Christy Grass – District 5 – Term Ends February 1, 2018
Julia Shewchuck, Vice-Chair – At-Large – Term Ends June 1, 2018
Madison County Development Council
Ed Meggs – Term Ends – January 1, 2018
Rick Davis – Term Ends – January 1, 2018
Tourist Development Council
Chair of BOCC or His Designee, Chair to be Re-Appointed Annually Prior to July 1st – Term Ends June 1, 2017
Jim Catron – Elected Municipal Official from Most Populous Municipality – Term Ends June 1, 2016
Shirley VonRoden – Elected Municipal Official from Any Municipality – Term Ends June 1, 2017
Latrelle Ragans,– Involved in Tourist Industry and SUBJECT to the Tax – Term Ends June 1, 2016
Brenda Graham – Involved in Tourist Industry and SUBJECT to the Tax – Term Ends June 1, 2017
Trent Abbott – Involved in Tourist Industry and SUBJECT to the Tax – Term Ends June 1, 2016
Jackie Blount – Involved in Tourist Industry and NOT SUBJECT to the Tax* – Term Ends June 1, 2017
Roy Milliron – Involved in Tourist Industry and NOT SUBJECT to the Tax* – Term Ends June 1, 2017
Sandy Wilson – Involved in Tourist Industry and NOT SUBJECT to the Tax* – Term Ends June 1, 2016
*Not More Than One of the Positions Marked with an Asterisk May Also be Filled by a Person who is Subject To the Tax.
Competency Board Code Enforcement Board
Gary Williams, Chair – Term Expires January 1, 2016 Brian Leonardson – Term Expires January 1, 2016
Travis Renfroe - Term Expires January 1, 2017 Anthony O’Quinn – Term Expires January 1, 2016
Richard Edwards, Vice-Chair – Term Expires January 1, 2016 Eddie Taylor – Term Expires January 1, 2016
Jayson Williams – Term Expires January 1, 2016 Curtis Johnson – Term Expires January 1, 2016
Curtis Johnson - Term Expires January 1, 2017 Lynette Sirmon – Term Expires January 1, 2016
Dewayne O’Quinn – Term Expires January 1, 2016 Freddie Simmons – Term Expires January 1, 2016
Danny Plain – Term Expires January 1, 2016 Jimmy Anderson – Term Expires January 1, 2016
PROCEDURAL RULES FOR THE MEETINGS OF THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
The following notices are hereby given to all persons concerning the meetings of the Board of County Commissioners of Madison County, Florida (hereinafter the “Board”):
1. The rules contained in the current edition of Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised shall govern the meetings of the Board in all cases to which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with the law, these rules or are otherwise waived by the Board.
2. No comments from the floor will be allowed under any circumstances.
3. The Board shall hear as many comments from the public as practicable during any meeting.
4. No member of the public may address the Board who has not previously signed up to address the Board, unless he or she is requested to do so by the Chair.
5. Any member of the public who wishes to address the Board on any topic, which appears on the agenda or otherwise, must sign up before the scheduled time for public comments.
6. All speakers will be limited to five (5) minutes per topic, unless leave is given by the Chair.
7. Any identifiable group of three (3) persons or more shall be limited to a total of ten (10) minutes per topic.
8. All members of the public given the privilege of addressing the Board, shall do so at the beginning of its scheduled meeting, or immediately following the lunch time break, if the scheduled meeting continues past the lunch time break.
9. The Chair may rule any speaker out of order and require that speaker to cease addressing the Board and if necessary order the bailiff to remove that speaker from the Commission Chambers if:
A. The speaker refuses to confine his remarks to the topic at hand.
B. The speaker becomes belligerent, irrational, or in any way disruptive to the meeting of the Board, or,
C. The speaker refuses to cease addressing the Board after his allotted time.
10. No agenda item will be designated for any specific time other than a time during the first three (3) hours of the meeting, unless leave is given by the Chair. All times shown on the agenda are approximate.
11. No item may be added to the agenda of the Board of County Commissioners except upon request of the Chair, a Board member, the County Manager, the Clerk of the Board or the County Attorney.
12. All decisions of the Chair concerning parliamentary procedures, decorum, or rules of order will be final, unless they are overcome by a majority of the members of the Board in attendance.
13. The Chair shall vote on all issues that come before the Board in the same manner as a member of the Board.
Notice: All items listed on the agenda are for discussion and possible action including vote by the Board. The Board reserves the right to amend the agenda of any meeting to the fullest extent allowed by law. Pursuant to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you are a person requiring special accommodations to participate in this meeting of the Board, you are entitled, at no cost to you, to the provision of certain assistance. Please contact Tim Sanders, Clerk of Court, at Post Office Box 237, Madison, Florida 32341, telephone: (850)973-1500, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please call 711. If a person decides to appeal any decision made by the Board with respect to any matter considered at this meeting he or she will need a record of the proceedings, and that, for such purpose, he or she will need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.