Madison City Commission Meeting Notes
City Manager Notes
Madison, FL City Commission Meeting of 4/14/15
1. Meeting called to order.
2. Agenda adopted as amended. Item 4(c) in the Consent Agenda was removed and placed on the regular agenda. Item 4(c) is Availability of the City’s Medical Insurance Policy to the City Attorney.
3. Items Removed from Consent Agenda. See #2 above.
4. Consent Agenda
Approved – Minutes of March 10, 2015.
Approved – Proclamation for Water Conservation Month.
Item removed and placed on the regular agenda. See #2 above.
Approved as Surplus Property: 1986 military dump truck and 1980 backhoe.
5. Citizens Participation – James Register, of 625 Northeast Fraleigh Drive, asked the city to reimburse him $113.94 for the purchase of a new tire. He said the previous tire was damaged by a pothole on a city street. An investigation by the city’s insurance carrier failed to show any negligence on the part of the city that caused the damage to Mr. Register’s tire. The commissioners took no action.
6. Mayor Thompson announced the city had received a Bronze Award Certificate from United Way of the Big Bend for the city employees’ contributions to the Relay for Life.
7. City Commissioners took no action on a proposed property transaction involving city-owned 40 acres located south of the Industrial Park.
8. City Commissioners approved second and final reading of Ordinance 2015-2 that amends the city’s Future Land Use Plan Map and allows an increase in density of a parcel of property located in the vicinity of the new hospital.
9. City Commissioners approved second and final reading of Ordinance 2015-3 that amends the city’s Official Zoning Atlas/Land Development Regulations and changes zoning from Residential Single Family to Office Residential of a parcel of property located in the vicinity of the new hospital.
10. City Commissioners approved authorizing the city manager to connect any single family residence located outside the city limits to city utilities without approval of the City Commission provided certain criteria are met.
11. City Commissioners awarded a bid not to exceed $10,000 to C&S Machine Shop of Thomasville, GA to repair a screening device at the city’s Wastewater Treatment Facility.
12. City Commissioners approved an amendment to the city’s Letter of Engagement with the law firm of Davis, Schnitker, Reeves & Browning, P.A. The amendment authorizes the city to provide City Attorney Clay Schnitker with health insurance coverage pursuant to Section 112.08(2)(a), Florida Statutes. The coverage will be at no cost to the city.
13. City Manager Tim Bennett reviewed the monthly Finance Report.
14. Fire/Rescue Chief Bruce Jordan and interim Police Chief Willie McGhee provided Public Safety reports.
15. Meeting adjourned.